Easy peasy Pineapple Fluff whips up in minutes and is a fantastic treat for friends and family! This timeless dessert has been served at many a Minnesota potluck and I’m so excited to finally share our recipe with you! If you love easy pineapple treats, be sure to try the Pineapple Dessert that inspired it all!
Easy Pineapple Fluff
I have to tell you, I refused to eat this growing up. I thought I disliked pineapple so would throw a fit if it was anywhere near me. For 20 sad years, I didn’t touch anything pineapple related. Then, on one glorious summer day in 2005, I “accidentally” ate some of this Pineapple Fluff. The pineapple is crushed so hard to see in this dessert, and I thought I was trying a strawberry fluff. Well. I have been hooked ever since. Bummed for the years I missed out, but so thankful it’s back in my life!
What is a Fluff recipe?
Typically it is an instant pudding base with whipped topping added to create a lighter and “fluffier” texture. This recipe does not have pudding and utilizes cream cheese. But the final result is the same… a lighter, fluffier, flavor-packed mousse-like recipe that folks can’t get enough of!
How to Make Pineapple Fluff
There are 7 simple ingredients in this recipe, and I love how perfectly they work together.
- cream cheese
- confectioners sugar
- whipped topping (cool whip)
- mini marshmallows
- maraschino cherries
The butter and cream cheese should be room temperature, especially if you are mixing by hand. I like to quarter the cherries so that there are some in every single bite, but you could also add whole cherries.
Just mix all the ingredients and you are all done! Can be eaten immediately but we love it chilled. 🙂
How to Serve Pineapple Fluff
When attending an event I make it in a big bowl and bring a big spoon. (Who doesn’t love a giant helping of pineapple fluff?) But when at home I like to serve it in individual bowls. I often head to the local thrift shop or dollar store and pick up ice cream dishes. I love it when they don’t match, it always adds a rustic aesthetic to the presentation that folks love
Variations for Pineapple Fluff
- Use instant vanilla pudding in place of the cream cheese.
- Use cottage cheese as a base and add pineapple, cherries, and whipped topping.
- Try maraschino cherries instead of cherry pie filling. I have used a 24-ounce jar (drained) and roughly chopped the cherries before adding.
- Make homemade mini marshmallows. Here is a great recipe.
- Top with chopped pecans or white chocolate chips.
WANT MORE FANTASTIC SUMMER-TIME NO BAKE DESSERTS?
Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert (No-Bake!)
We love this easy (SO EASY) and delicious Pineapple Fluff. Always a crowd pleaser!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, (room temperature)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, (drained)
- 8 ounces whipped topping, (such as cool whip)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup maraschino cherries (drained and chopped)
In a large bowl and using a hand-held mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter until creamy. (This can also be done by hand if the cream cheese and butter are softened)
- Add in 2 cups of confectioners sugar and mix again until fully combined.
Add in the whipped topping (cool whip), crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows, and cherries. Using a spatula, gently mix until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.